Navy Open Day
Explore one of the Royal Australian Navy’s largest and tallest ships, HMAS Choules
Both Army and Navy personnel will be available to answer questions about their important role in the Australian Defence Forces.
To gain access on the day of the event, tickets are essential.
NSW Kids in Need requests a donation of $10pp over the age of 6yrs, but you decide whether you want to donate more per person.
Due to the popularity of this Open House Venue, bookings are capped at 6 people per group booking.
When visiting this venue, visitors should be aware that they will be required to climb ladders and multiple sets of stairs to access areas of the ship. It is recommended guests wear comfortable clothing with flat-soled, closed toe shoes and ladies are advised to wear slacks rather than skirts (for safety reasons).
Please note that prams will not be able to be taken on board the ship, but can be left at the wharf.
- The Naval vessel is accessible from Garden Island, the entrance will be via the Main Gate on Cowper Wharf Rd, opposite Wylde Street.
- The Navy recommends visitors use public transport, as there is no car parking available on-site. Kings Cross is the closest train station, and Bus #311 has a stop right outside the gate.
- Please note that there are no ferries running to Garden Island for this event. Bus or train is the best mode of transport to this venue.
- Unfortunately, due to ship design, wheelchair access to this warship is not possible.
- Please note visitors to this vessel will need to climb ladders and multiple sets of stairs to gain access to areas of the vessel.
WHAT TO BRING:
- Please ensure you bring a PRINTED HARD COPY of your ticket to the venue.
- Please ensure you arrive at the venue 30 MINS PRIOR to your selected time slot.
- ID must be shown for anyone over the age of 16 years, anyone without ID will not be permitted onto the base.
- Royal Australian Navy “Open House” is subject to change or cancellation at short notice in the case of unforeseen operational requirements.